Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Iverson

There's a carrot top who can barely walk with a sippy cup of milk
A little blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong 'cause she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl holding both of them
And the view I love the most Is my front porch looking in
~Lonestar

Ash is my best friend. We met in college, well… actually scratch that. We met at a basketball camp in the 8th grade. She could burp louder than any other person I had ever met and she was over 6 feet tall as a 13 year old… (She’s also drop dead gorgeous and a complete and total basketball stud but that’s beside the point. Who wants to hear about that?) So needless to say when I got to college that first day and was unpacking all my things in my dorm room, she was the first person I noticed. We struck up a conversation, decided we did remember each other, and then later in the week ended up driving the wrong way down a one way street in search of food other than our disgusting cafeteria food… After the initial screams and then fits of laughter, bam! We were instant friends for life!

Have you ever met that person that’s basically living the same life as you? That’s us… It’s weird to say but our lives are so ridiculously similar that if I were to break my leg, she would more than likely follow suit within weeks, if not days. We even got engaged within months of each other, married within weeks of each other, and were each others maids of honor. For awhile there we thought that hey, maybe we’d get pregnant together too! Well, that last one didn’t happen. Ash is on her 2nd now!

So as best friends you typically tell each other everything right? When Ash was pregnant with her first baby I seriously considered re-thinking that last statement. I always had this view of pregnancy as being wonderful and maybe a tad painful at the end but overall definitely worth it. But holy cow… After spending months listening to her (I’m going to term them horror stories. I’m sure she wouldn’t agree but that’s what I heard…) horror stories I firmly told Joe that we would be adopting. I was having no part of that. Joe then just as firmly told me that we wouldn’t be adopting and I would just have to deal with being pregnant when the time came. (What a loving, caring husband I have. :P)

So imagine my surprise when Ash said she was having another! I must say though that she and her husband make the most adorable babies and she herself is one of the most gorgeous pregnant women I have ever seen! If I’m even half that cute when I decide to have babies I’ll be totally happy!








0 comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Stats

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP